Pronunciations correcting device

Ah, I've heard compliments to my dialect such as "where do you improve your pronunciations", "you talk like a native speaker" or "I cannot imagine you have never live abroad". Lucky enough no one skepticizes my pale vocabulary, my awful grammars and ridiculous logic. Young people nowadays consume enviable resources to learn English, which are native textbooks from reputable publishers, listening training or interactive language game. Face to face with a licensed Laowai teacher for learning English? Never ever think about it in my years.

There was shortwave BBC broadcasting in English but it was too difficult for a beginner like myself, and soon after we have ran into radio interference since June of 1989. Well, I was not in a family financially good, so my parents didn't buy me cassette tapes anymore since the second year after I started my English in school education. I thought I was the abandoned as I realized few months later that pupils in some other classes in a same school were educating with Look, Listen and Learn, for I confidently imagined more As will be mine in the English subject.

I would stay in low level till now if Tyche had not visit me. A cultural exchange project, American Music Hour, showed up in the local radio channel not long after my depression. It's more clear compared to BBC talk time and Pop music are good topics with attractions, disk jockey and female deejay hosted the program rotationally in easy English. I just cooked my lunch, finished the meal whilst American Music hour finished in the noon time. Well, by subconsciously repeating after the sentences for those DJs, I caught a few words firstly, then successfully repeated the whole paragraph. What is the motivation? Maybe speaking in Uncle Sam's tone is fashionable.

Beginners and learners today are more lucky. For you unwilling to pay too much for English, you will encounter more online resources, or more interaction course. Recently the Chinese University of Hong Kong has developed a language system, which can correct the pronunciation errors from any speaker by a single word. The system called Enunciate, is leaded by professor Helen Meng, a PhD. I am sure it will be not far away the day English conversation robots come to us.

That's a great invention and more students will achieve there success while learning the second language. I missed so much chance to improve my English ability that I am not going to let it happen again on my daughter, whatever teaching machines exit.

0 评论:

張貼留言

top