Must try Hakka cuisine: Ban

Well, Max asked me today that what kind of culture do I supposed to introduce to foreigners visiting Shenzhen during this Summer Universiade. Proudly I would treat you guys to Ban.

Maybe Ban ( 粄 ) is not a commonly used character in Mandarin, probably only used in Hakka people. Generally speaking, Ban are fried, steamed or poached carbohydrates, most are glutinous foods, but some are rice noodles.

I prefer glutinous Ban the most. Steamed mugwort Ban, bowl shaped Ban, Tangyuan Ban are the most popular. They have salt or sweet flavor.

By no means Ban cuisines are daily food in Hakka's life, only in Luna calendar festivals they can have a taste. The Tangyuan Ban is for Lantern Festival, mugwort Ban is for Double Nine festival and penis shape Ban is the celebration for a boy's birth.

And Parsley Ban soup is one of my favourite.

photo zdic.net

0 评论:

張貼留言

top