English Practice Selection Rhyme

As foreigner teachers have found, many Chinese adults are shy to open their mouths, even say nothing till the class is over. Actually I don't recognize this until Tom Anderson and
Wendy talks about that. I myself always grasped any chance to read English loudly as a representative in the class and I were quite willing to play the language game as a student.

Last week I recognized someone like what they say, a stubborn refused to speak English in a loud voice, simply buried himself in the text book, even he just murmur in a pretty low voice that I were hardly able to heard it. I failed to pulled him up from his seat and made him stand straighter, to eased him in a good position to pronounce.

Sometimes I use selection rhyme to push them to the point for none volunteers raise their hands. One rhyme that Mr. Anderson has been using is my favourite for I try to speak no Chinese. The rhyme is Eenie Meenie:

Eenie meenie miney moe,
Catch a tiger by the toe,
If he squeals, let him go,
Eenie meenie miney moe,

The ‘eanie meenie’ is obviously the usage for counting, for I notice it in a scenario in Toy Story Ⅲ, while Bonnie meets Woody she is counting something.

I think Ingle Angle is also a good choice to select somebody to stand out, full text of the rhyme is:

Ingle angle, silver bangle
Ingle angle, oooooooh
Ingle angle, silver bangle
Out goes you

The last word points to a person always is the one selected to do some English practicing. In Cantonese a selection rhyme will be this:

點指兵兵 (We are counting soldiers)
點指賊賊 ( We are counting gansters )
點到誰人做大兵 ( Who will act as GI Joe )
點到誰人做大賊 ( Who will act as Robin Hoods )

0 评论:

張貼留言

top